Our Core Values
The Deerfield community is one that truly cares about all students, families, and staff members. We strive to align our actions and behaviors with the following core values: Cooperation, Academic Excellence, Acceptance, Respect, Responsibility, and Effort. Forming the acronym CARE, our core values help us create an environment in which all students can learn and grow.
Joshua C. Baumer, Principal
Dear Deerfield Families and Staff,
Hopefully, you recently received an email from the Deerfield PTO regarding the new STEAM Fair we are having at the Deerfield school on Wednesday, March 13th from 5:45pm - 7:45pm.
STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics. As the acronym suggests, STEAM work involves a wonderful combination of exploratory and problem-solving skills across a range of disciplines. The progress is often unscripted and even a little (or a lot!) messy. However, it is also fueled by students’ curiosity, interests, and discovery. What a wonderful way to learn and work with others!
Here is some important information regarding this year's STEAM Fair:
- The Deerfield STEAM Fair will be will on Wednesday, March 13th from 5:45pm - 7:45pm
- The theme for this year's STEAM fair is Reducing Waste
- The STEAM fair will be set up as a maker's fair, which expands on the maker work our students do with Mrs. Krass
- At the fair, students will be grouped by their project category, rather than by grade-level
For information, please click on the following link: STEAM Fair Flyer
To register for the Deerfield STEAM Fair on Wednesday, March 13th, please click on the following link: STEAM Fair Registration
Thank you so much,
Deerfield Elementary School
72 Deerfield Avenue
Westwood, MA 02090
We would like to officially welcome you to the 2018-19 School Year!
During the last week of August, your Deerfield PTO Welcome Packets are mailed home.
The Welcome Packet includes lots of useful info about your PTO including:
- Your PTO Mission Statement
- A listing of your PTO Board Members and Parent Reps
- Meeting Dates
- Tentative Calendar of PTO Events
- A breakdown of PTO Per Pupil Spending & Funding Sources
- A Financial Snapshot of the 2016-17 School Year
- Your PTO Membership Form (Due September 15th)
To access an electronic version of these documents, click HERE.
We are looking forward to another wonderful school year together!
Our first meeting of the school year is scheduled for Tuesday, November 13th at 7:00 pm. Please join us in the Deerfield Gym for this meeting. All are welcome.
Hope to see you there!
The Board of Directors provides the leadership and management to ensure that the PTO consistently achieves its goals and that it remains financially solvent. The Board of Directors is comprised of parent volunteers in the following positions:
- 2 Co-Chairs (First and Second-Year Chair)
- 1 Treasurer (plus an Treasurer-in-Training as necessary)
- 2 Secretaries (Communications & Recording)
- 2 Volunteer Coordinators (Lead & Assistant)
Members of the Board of Directors serve a two-year term with the terms of volunteers in each function overlapping by 1 year. For example, in any given year, the board will have one Chair in the second year of his/her tenure and another in his/her first year. Terms run July 1-June 30.
For a full description of the Executive Board including specific job descriptions, please click here. If you have more questions feel free to reach out to a current member of the board. We hope that many members of the Deerfield community will consider being part of this rewarding experience.
To learn more about your PTO, please visit our Welcome Packet and the PTO section of the website which includes information about how to Get Involved, Keep In Touch, and Support Your PTO.
Email us at DeerfieldPTO@westwood.k12.ma.us.