picture of buildings and landmarks around WestwoodLocal Liaison for Homeless Education:

Abby Hanscom

Director of Student Services

p: 781-326-7500 x1345


If your family lives in any of the following situations:

  • In a shelter, motel or campground
  • On the street
  • In an abandoned building, trailer, or other inadequate accommodations, or
  • Doubled up with friends or relatives because you cannot find affordable housing


Then your school-aged children have certain rights or protections under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act


When you move, you should do the following:

  • Contact the school district's local liaison for homeless education for help in enrolling your child in a new school or arranging for your child to continue his/her former placement.
  • Contact the school and provide information that will assist the teachers in helping your child.
  • Ask the local liaison for homeless education, the shelter provider or social worker for help with clothing and supplies, if needed.


Download the flyer that includes school, town and state resources


Download a brief overview of the key provisions of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act


Download the Educational Stability Training slides

visit us on twittervisit us on facebook icon

Copyright 2022 Westwood Public SchoolPrivacy | Terms of use | Link to Town Site