For the 2017-2018 School Year, the PTO spent $159.88 per Deerfield student.  PTO Family dues cover only 17% of those per-student costs ($27.17 of the $159.88).  The other 83%, ($132.71 of the $159.88) comes from volunteer-run fundraisers and donations. Please consider making a donation of any size to help offset the 83% of our program costs not covered by PTO dues.  Direct donations are the most efficient and effective way to ensure we can continue to offer so many in-class and extracurricular opportunities for our children.


Chart of Annual PTO Funding Sources Per PupilChart of PTO Annual Per Pupil Spending Total


Below is a list of some of the ways you can support your Deerfield PTO.



Make a Donation

We welcome additional donations which can be made at any time using the button below to donate using PayPal.


Button link to donate on the Paypal site.



You can also send a check made out to Deerfield PTO to:

Deerfield School

72 Deerfield Avenue

Westwood, MA 02090

Attention:  PTO



Join Your PTO

One of your PTO’s most important sources of funding is membership dues.  So, support your PTO and join today!  To pay your dues online, visit  Upon joining the PTO, you will receive a copy of the Deerfield Student Directory which includes useful listings of family contact info by class and by last name along with staff listings.  



Sign Your Child Up for a Fun Experience with Deerfield Friends

Our after-school Mini Courses are popular PTO programs that raise important funds.  You can support your PTO while also giving your child a fun, convenient, and enriching experience! You can even teach a mini course! We are always looking for parent volunteers.



Attend a Parent Social

Each year, the PTO holds community building events for parents.  These events provide a relaxed environment to get to know other parents while raising funds for the Deerfield PTO. Keep an eye out for event details in the PTO Welcome Packet, Deerfield Dispatch PTO newsletter, Deerfield Calendar and PTO email announcements. The PTO hosts a Welcome Back picnic in September and an End of Year picnic in June.



Buy Gift Cards through SCRIP

SCRIP is a program through which families purchase gift cards from a variety of national retailers and a percentage of the purchase price (3-16% depending on the vendor) goes directly to the school.  The Deerfield PTO offers 1 to 2 order periods per year (one in the Fall in time for your holiday shopping).  Keep an eye out for order forms in your kids' backpacks and for announcements in the Deerfield Dispatch.



Holiday Gift Shop

At this fun-filled event, students are able to shop for their loved ones on their own in the gym. Parents are not allowed inside! At the same time, the cafeteria is filled with holiday cheer with cookie decorating and pizza. Look for details in the Deerfield Dispatch PTO newsletter, Deerfield Calendar and PTO email announcements.



Deerfield Book Fair

Each year, the Deerfield PTO holds a book fair at Deerfield in partnership with Park Street Books of Medfield.  The Book Fair is a great opportunity for families to build their home library with books from a well-curated selection while raising funds for the Deerfield PTO (20% or proceeds are donated to the PTO).  Families can also shop from teacher wish lists to help stock classroom libraries and the Deerfield Main Library.


Original Works Kids’ Artwork Fundraiser

Original Works is a fundraising program in which our students create beautiful original artwork which Original Works scans using their high-quality scanners and, in turn, provides a line of fun products featuring each child’s artwork for families to purchase as gifts and keepsakes.  Look for ordering information in the Spring in time for Mother’s and Father’s Day gifts.



Amazon Smile

If you shop on Amazon, you can designate Deerfield PTO to receive .05% of your qualifying purchase total. The process is simple and only takes a moment. All you need to do is click this link and follow the directions. Please let us know if you have any issues getting set up.


From there, all you need to do is make your purchases through the special URL, so we suggest bookmarking it so you don’t forget! Also, please note, if you use the amazon app, you can add items to your cart but to earn a contribution, you need to check out online via the above smile URL.  Get shopping!


Link to Amazon Smile site.



Have a question?  Email us at

visit us on twittervisit us on facebook icon

Copyright 2019 Westwood Public SchoolPrivacy | Terms of use | Link to Town Site