Work Permits are available in the Guidance Department and at the links below. Please bring completed permits to Ms. Curtis ( in the Guidance Department to be processed. 


All Minors between the ages of 14 to 18 are required to obtain a work permit to be employed in the state of Massachusetts. To obtain a work permit, please complete the work permit application (link is below). Please use the instructions and checklist for a list of signatures and documents you will need to complete the process. 


Please note that if the student is under the age of 16 you must have their doctor sign the application . The employer must fill out and sign the application, as well as a parent/guardian before a permit can be issued. 


Students Who DO NOT attend the Westwood Public Schools

Student employees that do not attend the Westwood Public Schools must complete the School Records Form - Non-WPS Student (below) in addition to the work permit application. The student must have the following supporting documents:​
  • Photo ID (i.e., school ID, driver’s license, passport) 
  • Birth certificate
PLEASE NOTE:  All forms should be completed and returned to the Guidance Office between the hours of 8am-12pm. If the Guidance Office is closed, applications can be brought to the District Administration office. Applications that are incomplete will not be processed. During busier times, processing may take 1-2 days.
For more information on the work permit process, please visit the state website at:


Work Permit Instructions and Checklist 

Work Permit Application

School Records Form - Non-WPS Student

visit us on twittervisit us on facebook icon

Copyright 2024 Westwood Public SchoolPrivacy | Terms of use | Link to Town Site