Welcome to the Westwood Integrated Preschool
We are committed to:
providing a supportive and nurturing environment where children can learn and create through problem-solving, shared responsibility and concern for others within a classroom setting
having staff and students work together as a community of learners
respecting each child as an individual and celebrating his or her unique contribution to the school community
a collaborative team approach as the foundation to successful inclusion practices
developing respectful relationships with families through open and consistent communication
Forms & Documents
This is a printable calendar
Please complete this form and return to preschool office. This form provides staff relevant information pertaining to your child's overall development.
Please complete this form and return to the preschool nurse. This form must be completed as part of the registration process.
view more forms & documents
The Westwood Integrated Preschool Program functions as an integral part of the educational programs offered by the Westwood Public Schools. The Westwood Preschool is a district wide integrated preschool program which provides programming for three- and four- year old children with special education needs, as well as community children. Community enrolled children serve as role models for children with disabilities in the skill areas of language, socialization, play and motor development. All students must be three years of age and Westwood residents to enroll.
What We Offer:
- Full Day or Half Day Programs
- Educators specializing in early childhood development, special education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech-language therapy
- Services from a school psychologist, behavior specialist, and nurse
- Curriculum that follows Massachusetts Department of Education Guidelines for Preschool Learning Experiences and the MA Common Core State Standards
- Developmental screenings
- Active PTO community that coordinates many special events for students and families
First PTO meeting will be Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7:00 pm in the preschool teacher break room. We hope parents will join us to plan activities for both parents and kids.
Sarah Cochran, Co-President
Laura Dicenso-Chase, Co-President
Monique DeWan, Treasurer
Liz Polin, Secretary